Manchester United attackers Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial have all been named on the shortlist for the inaugural TAG Heuer Young Player of the Season Award.
The 21-year-old is odds-on to scoop the PFA version of the prize this year has played a key role in the Reds’ runaway title success.
Premier League Young Player of the Year shortlist.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (age 21) – Liverpool
- Jack Grealish (age 24) – Aston Villa
- Mason Greenwood (age 18) – Manchester United
- Dean Henderson (age 23) – Sheffield United
- Anthony Martial (age 24) – Manchester United
- Mason Mount (age 21) – Chelsea
- Christian Pulisic (age 21) – Chelsea
- Marcus Rashford (age 22) – Manchester United
And, after being included in an eight-man shortlist of the Premier League’s own award, the young Scouser can be considered a comfortable favourite to win that, too.
Alexander-Arnold will have to see off the challenge of no less than four Manchester United players in order to scoop the gong.
Red Devils goalkeeper Dean Henderson, who enjoyed an impressive campaign on loan at Sheffield United, is also included.
And Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish, who helped his boyhood club retain their Premier League status, is also included.
The winner of the award will be decided by an online vote on the Premier League’s official website.
Five Players who missed out on Premier League Young Player of the Year shortlist:
- Bukayo Saka (age 18) – Arsenal
- Tammy Abraham (age 22) – Chelsea
- Declan Rice (age 21) – West Ham
- Reece James (age 20) – Chelsea
- Dwight McNeil (age 20) – Burnley